SAP Business One 9.0 – Performance and Infrastructure Enhancements
With so many new features being introduced in SAP Business One 9.0, questions may arise as to how your businesses current server and computer systems will adapt to all of the new feature rollouts. The engineers, developers and small business experts at SAP have recognized such issues and in response have implemented a number of Client and DIAPI (The interface between Business One and other systems like websites, add-on software, web entry software for timekeeping, etc.) performance and infrastructure enhancements in SAP Business One 9.0 that work seamlessly with your businesses current systems so you can continue to get the most out of your ERP solution.
The introduction of Client and DIAPI performance and infrastructure enhancements brings us to the 5th and final part of Top 5 Best New Features in SAP Business One 9.0 as selected by the Vision33 TOTAL Care Team. Here, the Vision33 TOTAL Care team highlights enhancements such as: 64-bit compatibility, increased RAM support, increased application process speed and more. Be sure to watch the SAP Business One Version 9.0 New Features – Performance Enhancements webinar with Carl Lewis of the Vision33 TOTAL Care Team below to get an in-depth look at the upcoming enhancements.
64-bit Compatibility and RAM Support
One of the most notable performance enhancements that will be introduced in SAP Business One 9.0 is 64-bit compatibility for both the Client and DIAPI. Current versions of SAP Business One are 32-bit compatible, even if you operate a 64-bit system, meaning your Client and DIAPI hit a maximum RAM allowance of 3.25 gigabytes. Most users won’t find a need for large amounts of RAM, unless they are running an ERP system that requires the management of vast amounts of data to be sent back and forth between various systems. RAM can send and receive data faster than a hard disk, therefore the more RAM that is available, the more information a program can store for quick access. With a 64-bit system, the maximum allowance of RAM is estimated at 16 Exabyte's – more than enough memory to run an ERP system seamlessly for your small to midsize business.
The old adage, “less is more,” is true in many cases, but in the case of 32-bit versus 64-bit, more is most definitely better. With the 64-bit version of SAP Business One, applications run 2-times faster than applications running on a 32-bit system. This is possible because a 64-bit system send 2-times larger blocks of data to the processor for processing and calculation, allowing you to send and receive data at much greater speeds. Processes may take as long as 8 seconds to complete on a 32-bit system, but will only take a maximum of 4 seconds on a 64-bit system. Having a 4 second response time is instrumental in sending, receiving and processing more data in a shorter period of time, resulting in a greater turn-around of every day tasks.
Additional Performance and Infrastructure Enhancements
- Internal Numbering Changes - Resolves issues related to large numbers (30 or more) of concurrent users experiencing system pauses due to system overload.
- Remove Unpriced Items from Price List in Database Option - In the current version of SAP Business One, if a customer only wants one item but you offer thousands, each one of those items will still show up in the Price List created for them. Over time more Prices Lists and items will be added to the system, creating a lot of unnecessary data that will hinder the performance of your system. With the Remove Unpriced Items option in Business One 9.0, all of that unnecessary data is removed resolving lengthy loading times.
- System Landscape Directory (SLD): Authenticates users and allows you to manage an entire SAP Business One landscape for such things as adding, removing and editing database servers, managing encryption keys, view information about companies on a database server and more.
- Single Sign-On: Provides the ability to bind an SAP Business One account with a Microsoft Windows domain account.
- Security Compliance & Data Privacy: To safeguard against attacks and security breaches, SAP Business One 9.0 will support dynamic keys and “salted hash” user passwords.
- Accessibility Standard: Addition of tooltips with descriptions for user interface elements.
With all of the new performance and infrastructure enhancements coming to Version 9.0, you will be equipped with a faster, smarter and safer ERP solution that will run seamlessly with your existing systems.
To re-cap, here are the Top 5 Best New Features in SAP Business One 9.0 as selected by the Vision33 TOTAL Care Team that you can look forward to in the upcoming release:
SAP Business One Version 9.0 New Features – Performance Enhancements Webinar
Watch more Vision33 TOTAL Care weekly web chats here